Updated Eventually!

Here at Don't Click That Link Gaming, we believe in a relaxed friendly environment. Therefore we will be updating this blog as often as were in the mood to. However, we will keep it updated at least once a week.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Savage Worlds


Savage worlds is a Table-top Role-playing game. It's not a game of classes, it's a game of concepts. My personal preference causes me to avoid games that have levels and classes. It is just something that frustrates me. If I want to play a Barbarian Warlord I would have to wait until level 40 before that becomes a possibility. With Savage Worlds I can just say I want to be something and spend the points accordingly.

That's just the character side of it. Combat comes off feeling very tactical, fast paced. It seems more at home in a miniatures battle system, but works wonderfully in an RPG setting. An interesting mechanic for determining initiative is the use of cards. Each player and the GM (read; Game Master) draws a card. That card depending on what it is determines your place in combat, as well as offering certain extras. If you can always draw a Joker.

I haven't gotten the chance to play it with a full table yet, but I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment